Are you a city council wanting to strengthen transparency in energy information? Do you want the public to be aware of the energy and climate change mitigation policies of the council? Are you a business wanting to increase awareness of your involvement with the environment? Do you have a group of buildings and want to involve your community of users in streamlining their energy consumption?
The Citizens’ Energy Portal is a new SIE module for citizen energy communication and dissemination that allows you to show, using infographics online, the evolution of energy consumption and expenditure of an organisation or building, as well as the energy policies being employed. Among other aims, the Portal permits users to know and directly quantify your energy management and the results of the measures that have been adopted in terms of energy efficiency, adaptation to climate change, and incorporation of renewable energy.
The energy portal works as a micro-site with its own identity and institutional URL that can be linked from the landing page of the organisation, with a specific banner.
The portal is fed automatically from the SIE database through a continuously updated web API.
The basic functionalities of the Energy Portal:
- To strengthen transparency and accountability of public policy towards citizens, and in particular, activities in the energy sphere that have additional complexity.
- To give visibility to current policies, which in the case of energy policies are particularly difficult to communicate, due to their more technical character.
- To raise awareness among public workers and citizens in relation to energy savings and rational use of energy.
- To disseminate essential energy information among workers and citizens in a clear and attractive way.
Types of portals:
Different versions of the energy portal exist, in function of the type of organisation and target audience:
Territory energy portal: Designed for supra-municipal organisations who want to inform all citizens of a province, metropolitan area, island, or region about comparisons in the energy consumption and expenditure of the group of municipalities in the territory.
Municipal energy portal: Designed for city councils who want to inform the public of the evolution of the town’s energy consumption and expenditure, as well as create awareness of implemented energy policies.
Corporate energy portal: Designed for companies or organisations who want to communicate their actions in the area of energy savings and climate change mitigation to society and the market.
Buildings energy portal: Designed for public or private organisations who own a fleet of buildings. The portal communicates the evolution of energy consumption and expenditure of a specific building and the specific actions undertaken. It promotes community involvement of workers and users in each building.
50/50 School energy portal: Designed for school centres involved in a 50/50 energy savings project. The portal has a pedagogical function to support the different activities that take place during the project. It includes questions and suggestions for exercises. Its design is adapted to the educational community.
Who are we addressing?
- City councils
- Supra-municipal entities (metropolitan, county, island, and provincial entities)
- Autonomous governments
- Infrastructure management companies (water, ports, telecommunications...)
- Service companies (commerce, food services, health care, geriatrics, sports...)
Les característiques que fan del portal una eina d’informació energètica àgil i accessible són:
– Microsite with own identity
– Continuous automatic updating from billing or remote reading data
– Responsivity for ease of use on mobile devices
– Automatic SIE data feed through web API
– Header customization with the corporate image of the organisation and content configuration.
– Easy to use and attractive interface based on storytelling